top of page

The Roy Williams Foundation                                                                                          

Meeting 9 Agenda 6/28/2020 2:00pm MST                                                                                           


Roll Call:                                                                                                                                           


Chairman: Zach Crevier:                                                                                                                           


Vice Chairman: Dave Newton                                                                                                                     


Board Members:                                                                                                                                     

Zach Krause:                                                                                                                                                 

Alhaji Bangura:                                                                                                                                                        

Kit Steimle:                                                                                                                                            



Matt White                                                                                                                                                                                                                           


Bret Collyer:                                                                                                                                        


Assistant Secretary:                                                                                                                                                     

Haley Steimle


Additions, Deletions or Changes to the Agenda?

Adoption of Meeting Minutes, Meeting #8 held on 5/03/2020                                                                        

(Need a motion, second and vote)


Old Business:                                                                                                                                              

501©(3) paperwork successfully submitted digitally on June 17, 2020                                                  

Note: IRS Website states that if we don’t hear back from them within 180 days to call them.  We plan to keep moving forward.


New Business:


Fundraising discussion:                                                                                                                                   

How to proceed while IRS approval/review is pending.


Need for a checking account:                                                                                                                         

Our financial institution President has advised us of the need to consider/pass a resolution to allow a checking account to more easily and legally handle our monies.


Business Card/Stationary Discussion:                                                                                                       

We should all have business cards as well as form stationery for official business.


Name change?                                                                                                                                           

Possibility of IRS requiring us to alter or change the name of our organization due to other, now active Roy Williams foundations discovered to be in existence, (one was inactive during cursory search, the other just surfaced) they are both inner city organizations. One is the RWF “Safety Net Foundation” for single parents, based in Texas.  The other is a youth educational organization based in North Carolina.


Our new name could be: “Roy Williams Veterans Outreach Organization”. Or something similar; or a complete re-brand. This discussion is considered “Contingency planning” at this stage.


We can make contact with these organizations pre-emptively to determine their level of concern with similar names. If the Board determines that to be the best approach.


Other Business:                                                                                                                                                      

Continue discussion of Mid-November public meeting in Colorado.                                                    

Considerations include: Travel (Travel Restrictions?)                                                                      Format/Agenda                                                                                                                                                       

Publicity, news releases, dignitary/public official invitations etc.


Financial Update:                                                                                                                                                   

Fund Balance has not changed and stands at $3,749.15                                                                                            

All IRS Fees have been paid by Bret


Anything else?

bottom of page