The Roy Williams Foundation

Meeting 26 Agenda 9/10/2021 5:00pm MST
In Person, Poncha Springs, Co. Town Hall

 

Roll Call:

Chairman: Zach Crevier:

 

Vice Chairman: Dave Newton

Board Members:

Zach Krause:

Alhaji Bangura:

Kit Steimle:

Dr. Michelle Flores:

Matthew Anderson:

Secretary/Treasurer: Bret Collyer:
 

Assistant Secretary: Hailey Steimle:
 

Alternates:

Dexter Pitts:

Travis Garvin:

Guests:

CSM Troxell (possible)

 

Call to Order.
 

Additions, Deletions or Changes to the Agenda?

 

Adoption of Meeting Minutes, Meeting #25 8/22/2021

 

Old Business:
None expected unless verbally mentioned by member. So the Board of Directors can focus on
9/11 memorial event.

 

New Business/continuing business
 

*”Critical Thinkers” Veterans group having an event/Poker Run, in the San Luis valley, we are a
northern destination, they may send some riders. Bret will have more info to share (A.I.M.
together campaign), “Rally in the Valley”.

 

*Friday, September 11th  20th-year Memorial Event schedule. (Included in packets)
NOTED TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE

 

*We may need a Master of Ceremonies (MC) to fill in and informational purposes.
 

*0830: Muster at the Poncha Springs Veterans Memorial to coordinate with the VFW for
events.

 

*0900: Memorial Ceremony at the Memorial site then travel to Town Hall to coordinate event.
“Honors for Deceased and First Responders” National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, prayer,
taps, rifle volleys etc.

 

*1000: Flag Ceremony at Poncha Springs Town Hall. (same as above) After; retire the squads.
 

*1015: Speaker, Director Bangura (to share thoughts and introduce Jim Storey)
 

*1045: Guest Speaker Jim Storey, Bronze Star Recipient, Vietnam.
 

*1115: Speaker, Director Kit Steimle (To share thoughts and introduce Troxell)
 

*1125: Guest Speaker, CSM Troxell (Duration TBD) Troxell (or other) to invite all to lunch with
Veterans and First Responders through the line first at no charge. All others after with a
suggested donation of $15 each.

 

*1200: Lunch/conversation
 

*1400: Conclusion (Informal) Cleanup begins (Don’t Feel obligated to help)
 

*After Party TBD. Crevier needs a ride to DIA
 

*Anything Else/general discussion:
There are other logistical considerations that need to happen as follows:

 

*Pick up sound system (Bret) and figure it out.
 

*Pick up tables and chairs from County Fairgrounds (Jesse and Brayden)
 

*Drinks, Ice and Cookies from Lagrees (Shawn)- Need a stock tank.
 

*Taking Money (Dee and Jenna)
 

*Help for caterers (TBD)
 

Financial Update:
Checking Balance              $4,441.47
Ledger balance                  $4,091.61
Savings Account Balance: $7,399.47
Total Monetary Assets:     $11,491.08

 

Expenditures: Riverside Trophies $30.00-Director Flores nameplate
Director Steimle, Business card reimbursement $86.91
Ship-N-Things $50.00 color copies, event fliers.
Settings Event Rental $194.75 Sound system for event.

 

Projected Expenditures:
Catering +/- $6600.00 (planned for 300 people)
Drinks/ice +/-$500.00
Event Advertising $780.00

/ $7,880.00 Anticipated Expenditures

 

*Expected Revenue unknown. Veterans and First Responders eat free (+/- 100?)
 

*All others $15 each 200x$15=$3000.00 I have been contacted by multiple people who cannot
attend, but still would like to donate. We also anticipate some will not donate and others will
donate generously…… We shall see.

 

*Menu: Smoked Baby back ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken breasts. Potato Salad, ranch
beans, mac-n-cheese, dinner rolls etc.

 

*Plates, plastic ware, bbq sauce on them.
 

*Drinks and desert on us.

 

*Next Meeting:
 

Crevier to talk about future endeavors
 

TBD for necessity prior to our September 10 th meeting.

 

*Meeting Adjourned
 

14:40